- Super User
DEPARTMENT OF LIBRARY SCIENCE
1. Name of the Department: Central Library
2. Year of Establishment:1988
3. Names of the Courses offered: BA(HEP),B.COM(CA& GENERAL),BSC(MPCs, MSCs and MBZC)
4. Annual/Semester /Choice based credit system: Choice based credit system for BA(HEP),B.COM(CA& GENERAL),BSC(MPCs, MSCs and MBZC)
5. Participation of the Department in the course offered by the other departments: The Department of Library Science serves as a Central Library for all the departments of your college. It plays an active role in issuing books to students from all departments. Besides there are four systems are provided in the central library for students to access electronic information. Students access the systems to read open access on-line journals, social networking and practical practice work with MS-office.
6. Details of infrastructural facilities: Library: The College has a central library with good collection of 9892 text books, 536 gift books and 48 reference books. It also subscribes to three news papers namely Eenadu, The Deccan Chronicle and Andhra Jyothi. It has four system housed in the central library where students access on-line information for reference. INTERNET facility is used by staff as well as students. Open access is followed in the library. The library caters to the needs of students as it provides competitive books for APPSC group I, II, IV, UPSC, MSc Entrance, B.Ed Entrance and Bank PO books are housed in the library collection. Students access the book for a period of 14 days and renew them for further reading. Besides it has a separate collection of books namely called SC & ST Book bank that issues text books only for SC & ST students for the complete academic year. The total collection of books in this scheme is 1944 books. Reprographic services, Circulation service and Carrier Guidance Service are provided to students and staff.
7. SWOT Analysis of the department:
1. It is a well organised collection of books arranged subject wise.
2. It is well lighted and caters to the needs of the users.
3. Users frequently visit the library at their leisure time.
4. Users are motivated to use the systems housed in the library.
5. Users maintain silence and at the same time are very co-operative..
6. Students actively participate during National library week conducted in the college from 14th to 21st November 2017.
1. Space is the major constraint in the library.
2. Lack of additional print journals in concerned subjects.
3. Lack of proper use of old and gifted books.
1. Planed to complete automation.
2. Planned to continue membership from UGC INFLIBNET to access eresources.
1. Protect book collection from white ants.
2. Preservation of old books.
National Library Week (14th to 20th November, 2017)
On 14th November, 2017 inauguration of National Library Week was attended by students and college staff at 12.40pm in the Seminar Hall. The programme was presided by the Vice Principal Dr C. Sree Ramulu, Dr S.H.Soughbaghyamma, IQAC Co-Coordinator G.Aravind and Librarian Dr A.Dharani. The students were informed about the role played by Libraries in the present competitive world and the importance of reading books to enhance their knowledge to face the challenges in their career path. They were motivated to develop a mini library at their homes. Further they were informed about the forthcoming events that would take place in this Library Week.
On 15th November, 2017, students were taken to the Local Public Library at Srikalahasthi. The library operates from 7:00am to 11:00 am in the morning and from 7:00pm to 8:00pm in the evening. The Librarian Sri G Ravi Kumar, Grade II addressed the students about the role played by Public Libraries. He insisted students to take life membership in the Public Library. Some students have enrolled as members to this library. This library has a good collection of 8967general books, 423 story books for children, 13 news papers, 22 periodicals and 423 competitive books. Students have received gift books from Public Librarian.
The college planned to organize various competitions in collaboration with the Public Library of Srikalahasti. The Librarian Sri G. Ravi Kumar accepted to sponsor the prizes for the competitions.
On 16th November, 2017 essay writing competition was held at our college premises.
On 17th November, 2017 elocution competition was held at our college premises.
On 18th November, 2017 Quiz competition was held at our college premises.
On 20th November, 2017 students were taken to Chanmundeswari Kalyanmandapam, Srikalhasthi for the valedictory session of Library Week. The following students received prizes
I. V. Monika III B.Com CA
II. K.Gowthami II BA HEP
III. G. Madhuri II B Com
General Elocution :
1. V. Monika III B. Com CA
2. K. Bhuvaneswari II B.Com CA
3. V. Renuka II B A HEP .