- Super User
Department of English
Click Here Department Profile
Dept. of English:
- Aim of Introducing General English and Communication skills and soft skills at graduation level.
- To impart vital skills to the students' success that can be the winning edge and lead to really drastic results in their overall performance.
- To impart intrapersonal (positive thinking, SWOT/SWOC, emotional intelligence, etc.,) and interpersonal skills, verbal skills and non-verbal skills.
- To impart life skills and language skills to stakeholders and enable them to become confident, skilled and employable citizens.
English Course Outcome:
- Develop their communicative skills for their immediate needs.
- Comprehend the information overtly stated in the text
- Develop the skills of identifying and synthesizing information
- Improve the skills drawing inferences
- Produce a coherent and cohesive piece of text
- Improve their language skills for competitive exams.
- Acquire the skills of understanding the meaning of unfamiliar lexical terms from the context
- Develop language comprehension
- Perceive the deeper nuances of creativity.
- Understand the connotations of poetic language.
- Understand problems in establishing social relationships under changed environment
- Perceive the nuances in translating a story/ poem/ drama - regarding culture, settings, language etc.
- Develop LSRW skills
- Improve pronunciation and accent, conversational skills, speaking skills with reference to debates, seminars, group discussions, presentation skills role plays etc.
They are able to become digital Copywriter, Editorial Assistant, English Teacher, Lexicographer, magazine journalist, news reader, newspaper journalist proof reader, web content manager, anchor, magazine/ newspaper editor, freelance writer, public relations professional, copy writer , etc.,
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Profile|
|1||Dr. M Sreelatha||Associate Professor||Click here|
|2||Dr. M Revathi||Assistant Professor||Click here|